As with any software upgrade or new release, it is strongly encouraged to fully test the new build within your environment prior to deploying network wide.
***Before Upgrading Note***
Due to the major technical advancements in the newest iteration of the Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Console, each machine will require a reboot in order to move to the Endpoint Security Client for 7.6. Users WILL be prompted to reboot once the software completes the install.
*Note: Complete all 6 Pre-installation tasks before starting the install.
1. Please make sure you save a copy of your Product Key as it will be required at the very end of the install process to activate your EPS Console.
2. A link to download the new Thirtyseven4 EPS 7.6 is available on our Downloads page.
4. It is critical that all existing antivirus and security programs have been properly removed. A reboot is also highly recommended after uninstalling your existing antivirus application and prior to installing the EPS 7.6 Console.
***NOTE: If installing on the same machine as the previous version of the EPS Console, please do not remove the previous EPS Console version prior to installing. During installation, you will need to install the EPS Console 7.6 in Multi-Server Mode when prompted.
5. The following Windows services must be Started and their Startup Type set to Automatic: Computer Browser and Windows Installer.
6. Before Installation enable the Cloud Roaming service on the current EPS Console this should also be done on the Newly installed EPS Console once the install is complete. Steps for this can be found in Step 2 of the Post Installation Tasks at the bottom of this document.
1. Import Groups & Policies.
•Login to the Endpoint Security Console you will be redirecting your clients from.
•Navigate to Clients > Manage Groups.
•Press Export at the top right. This will create an acexpgrp.db file in your downloads folder.
•Navigate to Clients Manage Policies and check the box next to the policies you would like to import into the new console.
•Press Export. This will create an acexport.db file.
•Copy both the acexpgrp.db and acexport.db files to the machine hosting the newly installed Thirtyseven4 EPS console.
•Open the new console and navigate to Clients > Manage Groups > Import.
•Select the acexpgrp.db file and press OK.
•Navigate to Clients > Manage Policies > Import.
•Select the acexport.db file and press OK.
•Once both your Groups and Policies have been imported, please navigate to Manage Groups and right-click on the groups to set their respective policies.
2. Enable Thirtyseven4 Cloud Roaming Platform on both NEW and OLD EPS Consoles if not already enabled:
• To connect to the Cloud Roaming Platform Navigate to Admin Settings> Clients> Roaming Clients.
• Once connected, then enable the Roaming Service and choose your desired method for your clients to enter Roaming Mode either Automatic or Manual.
• Doing this will allow machines that leave your network to receive updates and policy changes as long as they are connected to the internet.
3. Start the Migration Process.
•With the new console now installed, you will need to initiate the redirection process.
•Login in to the old Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Console.
•Navigate to Admin Settings > Redirection.
•Input the IP Address of the machine you installed the new console on.
•Input the Client Communication Port displayed during the installation process.
•Configure the redirection type. (Available options differ by version.)
•Press Apply. You will receive a confirmation pop-up.
•Once redirection has been successfully applied, login to the EPS Console 7.6 and alter the Redirection period from 60 days to 90 days to allow more time to upgrade. (Admin Settings > General)
Things to Note:
1. Since the consoles use different SSL ports, you can open both EPS Console web pages at the same time to watch the clients depopulate from your old console and populate in the new console.
2. Do NOT uninstall the existing Admin Console/EPS Console until ALL systems have been successfully converted over to the new Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security version. *Please note: it is possible that not every system will move over. This is because the remaining systems may be showing Offline due to the systems being retired, re-imaged, etc.
3. When redirecting your clients from one console to the next, some clients may get a message asking them to reboot their machine to finish the migration process. This will not force the user to reboot, but if the user ignores the prompt, the machine will show in the new console under Home > Protection > Client Deployment failed until rebooted.
4. You can upgrade all the endpoints with the latest version within 30/60/90 days. The Default is set to 60 days. These settings can be configured from Admin Settings > Server > General > Multi-Server migration period, on the higher version of the Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Server when in Multi-Server mode.
5. During the redirection process, the Active Directory Sync installation method cannot be configured. Once the old Endpoint Security Console is uninstalled, the Active Directory Sync can be configured within the new Endpoint Security Console.