Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security includes the option to download and install a Patch management Server to centrally manage the deployment of Microsoft and other 3rd party software patches.
Patch Management supports the following applications along with Microsoft applications,
· VideoLAN Player
· Adobe Acrobat
· Adobe Flash Player
· Adobe Reader
· puTTY with MSI installer
· Oracle Corp.
· 7-zip compression Tool
· Mozilla Thunderbird
Thirtyseven4 Patch Management Server Installation
1. The first step in installing the Patch Management Server is to download the necessary installation file. The links to download the software are located within the Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Console under Admin Settings > Server > Patch Management.
2. Once downloaded, double-click on the installer to begin the installation process. This will bring up the installation wizard.
3. The next step is to accept the End-user License Agreement and press Next.
4. The next page will allow the User to adjust the installation location for the Patch Management Server.
5. The next page allows the User to designate the location the patch information will be stored. If a previous version of the Patch Management Server had been installed, the old patch information cane be imported.
6. The next page allows for the configuration of any Proxy Settings. If a Proxy is not being used, click Next to continue the installation.
7. The next page will ask the User to download a MySQL setup file for the Patch Management Server. Once downloaded, please browse to the file.
8. This page will ask the User to configure a MySQL password for the installation. Please make note of the passwords you create. The default MySQL port for the installation is 8963.
9. The next page will ask the User to select how the Patch Management Server will receive its patch information. This can be through Microsoft servers or through an on premise WSUS server.
10. The next page allows for the configuration of the Patch Management Server web page. We suggest leaving the default settings on this page.
11. After pressing next, another page will appear to confirm the ports and server information selected are correct.
12. Next will be a summary of the information selected for the install. Please confirm the information being shown reflects the options selected in the installation wizard before proceeding and pressing Install.
13. Once Install is selected, the Patch Management Server will begin the installation process.